A deep clean is always satisfying but it’s important to know that you’re using the right cleaners. Whether it’s furniture, countertops, sliding doors, or new appliances—they all have different ways to be cared for. But don’t worry we’ve done all the work for you! Check out some tips below:
Which cleaning products are safe to use on wood?
- Cut out water
- Water or too much liquid can cause wood to swell or can even leave permanent marks.
- Stay away from harsh chemicals
- Avoid chemicals that are too harsh, like pure undiluted vinegar, because it weathers through some finishes. However, diluted vinegar, when used in combination with other substances, can act as a great wood polishing agent.
- Try a DIY approach
- To make a wood cleaner spray with diluted vinegar, combine two-parts white vinegar, one-part olive oil and 10 to 15 drops of lemon essential oils. Remember to dust with Viva® Multi-Surface™ paper towels beforehand!
How should you clean glass with a spray cleaner?
- Make a DIY Window Cleaner Solution
- Combine 2 cups distilled water, 1/2 cup vinegar, and 10 drops of essential oil in a spray bottle, then gently shake together. After that you’re ready to start cleaning.
- Clean from top to bottom
- This prevents streaks as the cleaning solution drips down the window.
- Wash windows on a cloudy day
- Sometimes direct sunlight can actually make the window cleaner dry prematurely. Avoid streaks by cleaning on cloudy days.
- Use Viva® Multi-Surface™ paper towels
- Leave a job well done with a polish you’re proud of when you use our paper towels and a shower glass cleaner to wipe down the glass in your home.
How should you clean stainless steel appliances?
- Step 1: Apply your favorite stainless steel cleaner, then wipe the surface with a Viva® Signature Cloth™ paper towel, going with the grain.
- Step 2: Rinse your Viva® paper towel, then wipe again, repeating until clean.
- Step 3: Dry the cleaned surface with a Viva® Signature Cloth™ paper towel.
- Step 4: Finish the job by dabbing the dry paper towel with a little bit of oil (olive oil, baby oil, etc) and smooth it over the surface. This adds shine, will remove any remaining streaks and can help prevent fingerprints.
How should you clean a marble countertop?
We recommend creating a simple and non-toxic cleaner, using a spray bottle filled with a mixture of warm water and dish detergent. Once you have your mixture follow these steps.
- Step 1: Prepare the surface: To prevent scratching, use Viva® Signature Cloth™ paper towels and gently sweep any loose crumbs and debris from your countertops. Pro Tip: Wet the paper towel to pick up even more debris.
- Step 2: Spray your countertops: Using your favorite marble cleaner, thoroughly spray your counters and let the solution sit for at least one minute.
- Step 3: Wipe your counters: Grab a Viva® Signature Cloth™ paper towel and wipe the leftover soap away to prevent streaking after drying.
- Step 4: Dry your countertops: Blot your counters dry using a clean towel to remove any sitting water.
And just like that, you’re a cleaning pro! Make sure to keep this article saved for easy reference in the future.